We are a financial services provider working with many of the UK high street banks, credit card providers, retail, and other lenders, we purchase consumer and business loans and are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients and customers by helping them to pay off their loans. In fact, we are one of the leading names in our industry because we have the best people working for us!
We are looking for people that love to work in teams and want to be part of helping our business provide the best service to our customers and clients. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive company that can help you develop your career, reward you for hard work and have fun whilst you do it.
You will be experienced in managing an ICT function, with knowledge in Infrastructure and End User Computing services, delivering reporting, dashboards, and services in a complex organisation. Being an excellent communicator and influencer, you will be confident to use your skills and experience to lead the organisations approach in this critical area, ensuring that our environment remains secure, available, and consistent. You will be passionate, organised and service minded with technical knowledge and not afraid to get your hands back in technology when the need arises. You will be a strong leader and have the emotional maturity and capability to work & handle a busy, pressurised environment.
You will be an experienced problem solver who can work on your initiative and with others to identify creative and innovative solutions. You will also be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work and have excellent organisational skills to manage a complex and varied workload, including projects.
We are on a journey to transform our environment through consolidation and the use of cloud technology. Ideally, you will have experience operating in a cloud environment that will enable you to assist with a cloud strategy, including building and developing skills across our Technology service, whilst setting a positive example to more junior members of staff across ICT as a whole.
Reporting to the Group ICT Director, this role will initially lead ICT End User Services function – Technical Services and Service Desk – of the organisation to ensure consistent and high-quality solutions in support of business goals. Following this, the role will take on the leadership of the Infrastructure function. The role holder is responsible for owning the definition, implementation, support and maintenance of all end user & infrastructure matters for the platform, systems and applications, through design and deployment of solutions as necessary. This includes facilitation of governance, associated tools, policies and processes, and reporting required for insight into trends and issues. The role works collaboratively with the business, and alongside Infrastructure teams as part of the overall ICT function to define, influence, and run the end user landscape.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Virtual Desktop management (inc. thin devices)
- ITSM & reporting
- Voice services
- Infrastructure – on-premise
- Server Virtualisation
- Azure AD & Tenant
- Azure services (inc. M365 Suite)
- Server Compute
- Storage & Backup
- Server Support
- Network – LAN & WAN
- Service & Technical catalogues
- Access Control of data
- Management of a technical services and Service Desk team
- Management of a technical infrastructure team
- Managing cybersecurity hygiene/diligence
- Technology selection/management
- Learning and Development
- Budget management (inc. licensing)
Work Experience and Qualifications
- People management and leadership experience
- 5+ years of Technical experience
- Strong technical understanding/background and knowledge of end user computing & infrastructure
- Project management skills – financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management
- Cost Savings & cost efficiencies
- The role will be based in our Caerphilly office, however some travel between locations (London) and our European offices will be required
- Hybrid working, this will be based on a 2/3 day split, this will be discussed at interview stage
- You will work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday – hours can be flexed but are typically between 8.00 – 6pm.
- 25 days holiday, +bank holidays + a Birthday Day off
- Discretionary annual performance bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme – 8% total pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family, including virtual GP service, counselling, get fit programmes and more
- Life assurance (4 x annual salary)
- On-site parking at our Caerphilly office