Privacy statement for candidates
Link Financial’s approach to processing personal information provided by applicants
Who are we?
Link Financial (referred to as “LINK”, “we”, “our” or “us” in this privacy statement) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and we are open and transparent about our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are a data controller for the purposes of the GPDR. This means that we are responsible for how we hold and use personal information about you.
This Declaration of Confidentiality for Applicants (Statement) explains the basis on which we will control and process the personal information we collect from you or that you may provide to us through our website or otherwise.
Our contact details are:
Link Financial SAS, Nantil A, 1 rue Celestin Freinet, 44200 Nantes
Phone: 02 72 24 29 40 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we have a data protection officer?
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this statement and our obligations under the GDPR more generally. You can contact him (currently Guillaume de Trogoff) at the email address email@example.com or write to him at the address indicated above.
General principles of data protection
When collecting and processing your personal information, we will comply with the data protection law in force at the time. This requires that the personal information we hold about you is:
- Used legally, precisely and transparently
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in a manner incompatible with these purposes
- Relevant for the purposes we have discussed and limited solely for these purposes
- Accurate and up-to-date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we told you about
- Safely kept
What information do we collect?
We can treat the following categories of personal data about you (this list is not exhaustive):
- Name, address, email, phone number, date of birth, gender, nationality
- CV (if applicable), professional information and training
- Answers to questions in your application / interview
- Information about your remuneration
- Any other information you wish to provide in support of your request
How do we collect your data?
We collect information that you provide to us specifically as part of an application process or sometimes from a recruitment agency or a background check provider.
What do we do with your information?
We may use your information in any of the following situations:
a) For the respect of a legal obligation to which we are subjected; or
b) For the purposes of our legitimate interests, unless you’re interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh those interests.
Our legitimate interests are:
- Process your request
- Communicate with you about the vacancy
- Meet the legal requirements
- Protect our legal rights and interests, including control for the prevention of fraud and the fight against money laundering
- For record keeping
- Generate reports
- For statistical analysis
- To contact you about other vacancies
- For the establishment, prosecution or defence of complaints, investigations and prosecutions
- Develop our activity
All applications are viewed by a member of our recruiting team and no automated decision is made regarding your application.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep the data of your application until 6 months after the closing of the vacancy. After this period, it will be destroyed.
How could we collect more information from you?
If you succeed in being offered a role, you will be asked to provide further information as part of our pre-employment screening process. We may collect the following information (this list is not exhaustive):
- Identity documents / passport
- Proof of the legal right to work in France
- Proof of address
- Proof of activity
- Information to perform a credit check
- Information to perform a criminal record check
- Names and addresses of references that will be contacted.
Only if you are successfully recruited will we upload your data into our employee filing systems and, as a member of our team, you will sign a work contract and you will accept additional terms and conditions regarding the management and storage of your data, following our Privacy Statement for Employees.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your information with our affiliates, accountants, lawyers, auditors, insurers, professional advisors or third-party service providers who provide us with services. We may also disclose information that we have a legal or regulatory right or obligation to report. In addition, we may share your information with third parties to whom we sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or assets.
Before disclosing personal information about you to another organization, we undertake to take all reasonable steps to ensure that this organization retains and protects your information with adequate security measures and in accordance with applicable regulations.
How do we keep your information safe?
We protect your information with appropriate security measures under applicable laws and regulations to prevent your personal data from being lost, used, modified, disclosed or accessed without authorization. We confirm that our security measures are regularly tested and updated based on the level of data we hold.
We have procedures in place to deal with alleged violations of personal data and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of any violation if we are legally obliged to do so.
What are your rights regarding your information?
You have explicit rights to your personal information and we will ensure that it is protected while your data is in our possession. Your rights include the following:
- Right of access – you can request a copy of any personal information we hold about you and we will reply to you within one month. If your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests, we can extend this period by two additional calendar months and explain our reasons.
- Right of cancellation – You may wish that certain data that we hold are deleted and we will respect this right if, for example, we are no longer required to keep the data or if there is no legal reason for processing .
- Right of rectification – You have the right to request that any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete data be updated, corrected and / or supplemented.
- Right of restriction – You can prevent us from using your data when, for example, you dispute their accuracy.
- Right to object – You have the right to oppose the use of your data when the processing is done for our legitimate interest. We will not process your data unless we can show compelling legitimate reasons.
- Right to portability of data – You have the right to request to share your data with another organization and we will assist you as much as possible.
Make a complaint
If you want to make a complaint, you can do it in person, by phone, in writing and / or by email. Please note that all complaints are handled in accordance with our claims policy and will be fully recorded and reviewed.
You can also contact the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL), which is the French supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.cnil.fr).
We will not transfer your data to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country provides an adequate level of data protection, has appropriate safeguards, or relies on any of the exemptions by applicable law and regulation.
This privacy statement may be updated by us at any time.
Link Financial SAS, February 2019