Human Resources Manager
- Location: Caerphilly
Human Resources Manager
Link is a debt purchaser and financial services provider working with many of the UK high street banks and credit card providers. We are one of the leading names in our industry and are passionate and committed to providing high quality service we would like you to be part of our growth.
We are looking for an additional experienced HR Manager to join a busy team, providing the highest level of expert advice and support on a broad range of generalist HR areas to managers and employees, whilst reporting directly to the Head of HR. Our people are at the heart of our organisation and therefore this role will be the interface between HR and the business, working closely with all levels of colleagues, looking after employee wellbeing, engagement, taking an active role in addressing operational issues, whilst making a proactive contribution in shaping the strategic direction and implementation of the people plan.
The job holder will be able to carry out the below tasks:
- Work closely with people managers to ensure they are working to best practice and legislative and regulatory guidelines, coaching them to develop their people management skills
- Support the business in managing employee relations cases, pre-empt problems and be proactive in resolving challenges that prevent issues escalating, focussing on a successful outcome
- Work on projects or areas that involve engagement, recruitment, L&D, wellbeing, reward and recognition and transformation activities such as harmonisation and restructures.
- Updating and writing policies and procedures as required
- Analyse and interpret management information (MI) -identifying positive trends and areas for improvement
- Lead, develop and motivate a direct report, ensuring they provide a high level of support to the business
- Promote a culture of transparency, continuous improvement and development of effective procedures, policies and best practice to bring about beneficial change
- Be an excellent team member that communicates clearly and frequently collaborates with other team members
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Prior experience in a similar generalist managerial HR role and CIPD Level 5 or above (desirable).
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation and how this is applied in practice.
- Proven experience in giving advice and support to managers and employees, with the ability to influence
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt communications with employees across all levels.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills to ensure work deadlines with minimal fuss
- Proven experience of making improvements – developing, streamlining, and improving existing practices.
- Experience in people management with demonstrable experience of developing and engaging direct reports
- Must be a fantastic team player and value the importance of a positive team culture and having fun!
- Attention to detail and accuracy is an absolute must – not only in what we write, but the procedures that we follow, and the advice that we provide
- Able to make sound decisions appropriately and timely that benefit the team and business overall
- Must have a “can-do” attitude, self-motivated and proactive and demonstrate going the extra mile daily
- Must demonstrate job ownership and be committed to ongoing personal and professional development
- An exceptional communicator, confident in your ability to influence and build authentic relationships at all levels
- Ability to work at a quick pace, accurately and efficiently whilst working to tight deadlines
- Professional manner and passionate about providing a great service and support to the business
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £38,000 per annum and is dependent on experience and securing the right candidate for the role
- Full time permanent contract working 40 hours per week paid monthly
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Participation in discretionary annual performance related bonus
- Benefits to include, pension and life insurance (4 x annual salary)
- Friendly, relaxed atmosphere with modern facilities