Link Financial Outsourcing is one of Europe’s most trusted providers of outsourced loan management and servicing solutions, and is home to a wide range of financial services working with many of the UK High Street banks and credit card providers. We are one of the leading names in our industry and we are continuing to grow.
The Business Analyst will support the business by investigating change requests, analysing the current and required future state to determine alternative and preferred options whilst supporting the Change Manager in the implementation and continual improvement of the BA framework.
They will provide input into project concepts, working through the discovery phase to produce business cases, target operating models and feature descriptions, with involvement in business change from concept through to benefit realisation.
The successful candidate will elicit and define the detailed business processes and requirements with supporting material (e.g. use case diagrams and descriptions) to support the strategic and tactical goals of the company. Working as the conduit between the business and system development and ensuring the design and delivered change meets the business need through ongoing collaborative working.
Main Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Applying analysis techniques in line with the agreed business analysis framework across all type of change within Link.
- Using honed communication skills, to elicit, document and refine business requirements to deliver the prioritised value.
- Constructing as-is and to-be process maps to BPMN standard, elaborating business requirements to provide clarity through a number of modelling techniques.
- Acting as the link between the business and development teams and any third parties to ensure clarity and acceptance of requirements.
- Supporting the business change process within ‘Discovery’ through definition of key stakeholders, scope and business benefit.
- Contributing to the size estimation of change to enable an understanding of business value through identification of resource requirements and estimated effort for change within the ‘Discovery’ phase.
- Communicating effectively with key business stakeholders, external suppliers and the delivery team, building strong business relationships.
- Proactively manage changes in requirements in response to business needs and ensure consensus.
- Minimising the company’s exposure and risk on each change by identifying, understanding and reporting the business risks, issues and dependencies as they occur to feed into the RAID logs as appropriate.
- Management of a Business Acceptance testing for assigned change.
- Effective management of own workload in line with allocated tasks and projects and supporting the Change Manager as necessary.
- Developing and maintaining good knowledge of all company policies and procedures and legislative/regulatory requirements, as advised by line management.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge and awareness of business analysis through own research, sharing with the team and making recommendations of best practice.
- Actively support and promote the Link values. Ensure that the actions and activities of the job holder promote a culture of teamwork, resilience and high performance
The above list is not exhaustive. The job holder will be expected to be flexible as the Company reserves the right to vary duties from time to time in line with business requirements. Any other duties required will be reasonable and within the job holder’s capabilities.
Skills & Experience will include:
- Minimum of 2 years working as a Business Analyst.
- Large scale Waterfall full life cycle project experience.
- Experience of the full software development life cycle in both waterfall and agile frameworks.
- Financial services sector background.
- Experience of the full project life cycle.
- An understanding of the use of IT systems in financial services organisations.
- Collaborative team worker.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Performance driven.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills.
- Proven use of technology and data analysis to identify risks and opportunities.
- Self-starter able to work independently.
- Ability to engage, communicate and present at all levels to a high degree of literacy and fluidity.
- BCS/ISEB Business Analysis Diploma (or equivalent)
- Agile qualification
- Degree or professional qualification
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Advanced user of Microsoft Visio
- Familiar with Jira or alternative issue management tool
- Competitive salary with a discretionary annual performance based bonus
- 24 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme